Painting Project Process
When you hire our expert team at Western Accents, we want you to be thrilled with every phase of your painting project.
As a trusted painting contractor, we strive for ultra-clear communication at all points –before, during and after the job. Your satisfaction with your interior or exterior painting project is our priority.
How We Work
Detailed Painting Blueprint
Step 1. Your Painting Project Pre-Bid Meeting:
- Discuss the interior or exterior painting project that you would like to have completed.
- Determine if there is Lead paint in any of the existing paint coatings? Test for Lead paint as needed.
- Establish your “level of expectation” so the painting project outcome meets or exceeds your expectations.
- Determine your desired time frame for starting the painting project and the final date of completion.
- Itemize any special conditions at your work site regarding children or pets.
- Discuss the details of the crew’s presence in your home during the painting project and any of concerns that you might have.
Step 2. Your Painting Project Bid:
- Measure the area to be painted. Western Accents can determine the labor and material cost by estimating the total surface areas to be painted and comparing to previously completed painting jobs. (We have more than 35 years experience!) This bidding experience insures an accurate bid price for labor and material costs, not just a “guess”.
- Evaluate the composition and condition of the surfaces to be painted and whether the completed painting project will meet your expectation. This is an important area often overlooked by many. All too often a client will say “I want this repainted,” but what they are actually expecting is for the painted surface to be restored to original condition, not just repainted.
- Plan for any surface repair or necessary preparation. We will itemize and explain why any possible surface repairs may be necessary so that the completed painting project results meet your expectations.
- Identify obstacles such as plants or tight corners 30 feet up in the air.
- Determine coatings and color schemes. Paint or stain? Dark colors versus light colors.Some colors require two coats; others can take up to five.
- Establish color placement of trim and accent colors.
Step 3: Scheduling Your Painting Project:
- Exterior paint projects require a bit of flexibility due to weather related delays and other factors we can’t control. We will try to give you an accurate start date and keep you updated on the schedule as the work gets closer.
- Interior painting projects are set up on a schedule with a start and estimated ending date. It’s important that we know if you have certain deadlines or goals for the completion of the work.
Step 4: Your Painting Work Begins
- Arrival day: You will meet the Western Accents team leader and team who will be working on your project. If you have questions feel comfortable asking any member of your Western Accents team. Our painters are experienced professionals and will be well versed in your project.
- Work in Progress: While on your project, we do our very best to provide a professional and non-intrusive presence. However, in jobs where large ladders and paint sprayers are involved, it’s not always possible to be invisible or silent. If you have any concerns, please feel free to address them with any member of your Western Accents team, and we’ll do everything we can to accommodate you.
We always strive to be professional and for that reason, we ask our painters not to play radios or smoke on site. At the end of each day, we clean up as much as possible. Occasionally we need to leave masking and plastic drop cloths on overnight, so we don’t add to the job cost by re-masking for the next day’s work.
Step 5: Completing Work
- Walk-Through: When your project is near completion a member of your Western Accents team will walk around with you to inspect the work and make sure it is done to your satisfaction. If anything needs attention, this is the time to address it.
- Job Completion: Upon job completion, we will ask you to sign a project acceptance sheet. We expect payment at that time unless other payment arrangements have been made.
- Evaluation: Your satisfaction is very important to us. Western Accents is a “continuous learning” company, meaning that every project we do is an opportunity to improve our services even more. We take evaluations very seriously and would very much like to have your honest feedback on how we did.